Friday, February 5, 2010

Long time, no see!

Hello there, friends! I haven't dropped off of the face of the earth, although it may seem that way. The chaos of Christmas was followed by an unexpected and sudden decline in my dad's health. For those of you who do not know, Dad passed away on January 12 after a 10 month battle with pancreatic cancer.

I'm so grateful for the time we had with him before he passed away. Although he is and will be greatly missed, I find tremendous comfort in knowing that I will see him again when it is time for me to join him in heaven.

I've not done any crafting or photo-taking to speak of since December. I've mostly been spending my free time doting on my kids or reading my Bible. Both of which I know would please my dad. :)

I did take one picture with my iPhone while Dad was in the hospital, which I have submitted for a photo contest. The contest runs through February 15 - if you like it, please take a few moments to vote! Here is the link:

http://contest.adorama.com/entries?sort=user#18837

And here is the photo:


I'm getting the itch to create, so more posts soon! I've been craft/art-free for far too long...

2 comments:

  1. Alison, I'm so sorry for your loss! I'm glad you were able to spend time with him. The photo is amazing and I will definitely go and vote for it. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture is very touching, Alison. My vote is in! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete