Friday, March 5, 2010

Ahhh.

Hello friends! I've been taking it easy, focusing on what is important and letting go of things not completely necessary to my well-being. This means that eating came before blogging. :)

This morning I walked the kids to school. The sun was out, it wasn't too terribly cold...and we weren't running late. On the way there, I realized that I forgot Aidan's permission slip for his field trip - again. It was due Monday. Oops. Rather than drive the envelope back to school, which would have been quicker, I chose to slow down, enjoy the sunshine, and take another walk. I love time to myself. I love to be able to hear myself think. I love to just be in the moment without external pressures. I have found that I like to just go with the flow sometimes, which is a true sign of personal growth for me. I am a bit of a control freak, peppered with a creative spirit. I guess I'm hard to label. :)

But, my creative spirit has been itching to be unleashed these last few weeks. So I've let it take over for a while. I've been doing some journaling.


I've been enjoying a plant that needed a new home.


I've been spending time playing with and photographing my kiddos.




We went on a field trip with the husband to the Morton Arboretum - so fun! Cold! But fun!




I've been making things.




The boy has been making things, too. :) A special girl will be receiving this gift.




Yes, he made it. He formed the wire pendant himself, chose the beads and strung it all. All I did was cut the memory wire and turn the ends so the poor girl wouldn't poke her neck.

I'm content. I've satisfied my urge to write and share - so much more to share! But I must be moving on now. I do believe it is time to do some laundry. I guess the responsible side is beginning to rear it's head again. That's a good thing, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment