Monday, December 14, 2009

For a (sorta) new mama.

I am finally able to blog about this gift, as it was given this weekend!



It's the Nappy Bag - an Amy Butler pattern. This bag went together very smoothly. As usual, Amy's directions are straightforward and easy to follow. The construction is solid and super roomy for all of the necessities we mamas need to carry around for our little ones.

My favorite part: lots of pockets!



Oh, and gotta love the fabrics...by my favorite designer, Anna Maria Horner. These two patterns are from her Good Folks line. Love, love, love!



I also made a hooter hider (that's what they're called...) to match the lining of the tote. I used the tutorial here.



The fun part about this gift was that my girlfriend and I picked out the fabrics together. She loves that she got to design her own bag, and I love that she loves it. :) The unfortunate part was that we picked all of this out this summer...the baby was born in September...oh, well. It is done and it is loved. 


3 comments:

  1. The bag turned out great! Hooter hider, huh? Grandpa would know which restaurant to go to for lunch! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bags. Perhaps it will inspire me to raid my stash of fabric and get creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the bag! The fabrics are just gorgeous! Look at all of those pockets! I would have loved that as my baby bag. The Hooter hider is hilarious! lol

    ReplyDelete