Thursday, May 20, 2010

Merry Christmas?


I was rearranging furniture this week. I moved the bookcase upstairs. I moved the futon downstairs. I stacked the side-by-side cabinets to reduce occupied floor space in the office. In order to move the futon, I had to dismantle the mountain of fabric. I was feeling overwhelmed. I discarded the scraps I had been saving. For who knows what. I gave away another garbage bag of fabric. I felt better.

I found the p.j. bottoms that I had given to my husband - unfinished - for Christmas. I felt guilty.

Today, I finally put in the drawstring. :) 
















Merry Christmas, dearest!


(If I can get my husband to pose for a photo, I'll post it, but I have a sneaking suspicion he's not going to be cooperative...)
P.S. The pattern I used was Pajamas for Everyone, from Heather Ross's Weekend Sewing. I've used her pattern to make my kids p.j. bottoms as well. As other reviewers have commented on other patterns in this book, the fit was a bit small, so I'm glad I went up a size for the kids. They are still wearing them, even though they are over a year old and now qualify as crops. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Sometimes it helps to just get rid of stuff we know we'll never get to finishing. I can't imagine your hubby modeling, but he has surprised me on many occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa inherited the nightshirts I made for his father and took such a liking to them that I made him one each Christmas. He didn't like the store-bought ones because they were too short.

    ReplyDelete